Our NAMI-SFV affiliate is an all-volunteer organization established in 1979 by and for families caring for loved ones with severe mental illness. We have all experienced the drama and heartbreak of living with mental illness, as well as the joy and hope of recovery. We simply could not do what we do without the selfless dedication of time, effort, and talent of countless volunteers!
NAMI-SFV is growing and always looking for new volunteers to help us serve our community. We need volunteers who:
- Have a strong desire to make a difference and have a passion for helping people affected by mental illness.
- Like people and enjoy sharing information with others – we can use your gift of gab to spread the word about NAMI-SFV.
- Have strong computer/ skills, organizational skills, or typing skills, we can put them to good use.
- Like to work on independently. We have many virtual volunteer opportunities that can be done from the comfort of your home!
We have volunteer opportunities in many areas, including:
- Education: Help support NAMI by teaching, facilitating, or coordinating the multiple classes and programs we provide to all our members.
- Outreach: Get involved in spreading the word on the benefits of NAMI to the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley communities.
- Fundraising: NAMI is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to provide supportive services. Help us get the community involved in bringing help and hope to anyone suffering from mental illness.
- Marketing & Communications: NAMI has an active presence in the media. Help us maintain our presence and grow it.
- Membership: NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Our membership provides multiple benefits to our community. Help get the word out.
- Spanish Programs: San Fernando Valley is home to a vibrant Spanish speaking community. Help us spread the NAMI message and provide all of our best programs in Spanish.
- HelpLine: Join our team of caring individuals who respond personally to hundreds of thousands of requests each year, providing free referrals, information, and support — a much-needed lifeline for many.
- Activism & Advocacy: We need your support in advocating for positions that reflect our perspectives on matters concerning persons facing the challenges of serious mental illness and their families.
- Recruitment: Help us grow the organization, place people in the best positions and give our members the best experience and support they need.
For a list of available volunteer positions, please visit our VolunteerMatch page by clicking here. Many roles can be done virtually!