Part-time Education Coordinator (bilingual English/Spanish)
- San Fernando Valley, CA
- Salary: $20.00 /hour
Title: Part-time Education Coordinator (bilingual English/Spanish)
Organization: NAMI Greater Los Angeles County – San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita Valley
Background: The National Alliance on Mental Illness Greater Los Angeles County (NAMI GLAC) is an association of the eight Los Angeles County affiliates of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. NAMI GLAC represents over 1,000 members that include persons living with serious mental illness and their families, friends, and supporters, though we reach 20,000 through our education classes, support groups and other programs. NAMI GLAC works closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health to improve systems that help persons find treatment, fight stigma and provide hope for families and persons with a mental illness.
Scope of Work: The role of the Education Coordinator is to oversee and work with the Managers of the following programs: Family to Family, Basics, Peer to Peer, Family Support Groups and Connection Peer Support Groups as well as their Spanish counterparts. Assist Volunteer Recruitment and Management Department.
The best applicants will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley communities
- Strong leadership skills including delegating work, selecting, onboarding and managing volunteers
- Knowledge of health education programs
- Ability to interact and network pleasantly with a variety of audiences including students, applicants, teachers and the general public
- Strong organizational and administrative skills such as being able to track recruitment of volunteers and class members over the telephone or in person, writing solicitation letters; and general organizing and marketing.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel, Dropbox
- Manage and submit program records and materials, and forecast programs
- Coordinate and support courses and trainings including materials, refreshments, venue, technology and other needs
- Volunteer management: including recruiting, interviewing, training, leading volunteers, and managing intake and tracking paperwork, managing and refining volunteer roles as needed
- Conducting presentations on the chapter to chapter leadership, volunteers, members, students and the general public.
- Provide regular department reports
- Manage department budget
- Regular communication with Operations, Program and Education teams
- Cover team member absences
- Associates Degree in Education, Public Administration, Social Services, Finance, Business or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two+ years of related professional experience; preferably in a social service agency environment
- Mastery of English and Spanish preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations
- Self-motivated, self-starter with critical thinking skills and follow-through
Rate: About 30 hours per week, flex time, may work some from home. $20 an hour with $50 a month phone & computers stipend and a contribution of $250 a month toward health costs.
How to Apply:
Please write San Fernando Valley Education Coordinator in the subject line and include a brief cover letter in the body of the e-mail.
- Location: San Fernando Valley
- Compensation: About 30 hours per week, flex time, may work some from home. $20 an hour with $50 a month phone stipend and a contribution of $250 a month toward health costs.
- This is a part-time job.
- Please submit resume and cover letter by email – no phone calls.