Our NAMI SFV affiliate is an all-volunteer organization established in 1979 by and for families caring for loved ones with severe mental illness. We have all experienced the drama and heartbreak of living with mental illness, as well as the joy and hope of recovery. We simply could not do what we do without the selfless dedication of time, effort, and talent of countless volunteers. NAMI SFV is growing and always looking for new volunteers to help us serve our community.
We need people who:
- Have a strong desire to make a difference and have a passion for helping people living with mental illness.
- Have computer skills, organizational skills, or typing skills, we can put them to good use.
- Like people and enjoy sharing information with others. we can use your gift of gab to spread the word about NAMI-SFV.
- Like group projects. We can use your help to prepare Membership Information packets and other mailings and welcome your group to gather and make this happen.
- Like to work on your own. We even have virtual volunteer opportunities that can be conducted at home.
- Want to make a real difference and would like to make the commitment to serve on a NAMI-SFV committee. We welcome you!
Please take a look at all the areas you can volunteer in:
- Education: Help support NAMI by teaching, facilitating and coordinating the multiple classes and programs we provide to all our members.
- Outreach: Get involved in spreading the word on the benefits of NAMI to the San Fernando Valley Community.
- Recruitment: Help us grow the organization, place people in the best positions and give our members the best experience and support they need.
- Fundraising: NAMI is a non-profit organization that relies on donations to provide the best support. Help us get the community involved in bringing help and hope to anyone suffering from mental illness.
- Communications: NAMI has an active presence in the media, on the internet and in different aspects of social media. Help us maintain our presence and grow it.
- Membership: NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Our membership provides multiple benefits to our community. Help get the word out.
- Spanish Programs: San Fernando Valley is home to a vibrant Spanish speaking community. Help us spread the NAMI message and provide all of our best programs in Spanish.
- Help Line: Join our team of caring individuals who respond personally to hundreds of thousands of requests each year, providing free referral, information, and support—a much-needed lifeline for many.
- Activism & Advocacy: We need your support in advocating for positions that reflect our perspectives on matters concerning persons facing the challenges of serious mental illness and their families.Thank you all for everything you do to support NAMI SFV and those we serve.
Please fill out the info below for us. Our NAMI San Fernando Valley volunteer team will be in touch as soon as possible.