NAMI SFV Educates, Inspires and Informs
NAMI San Fernando Valley provides hope and help through education, support and advocacy:
- Mental illness is among the top ten causes of disability in USA.
- Mental Illness is not anyone’s fault.
- Mental illness is caused by chemical imbalance in the brain.
- There is no cure for severe mental illness, but there are effective treatments and medications, and there is hope for recovery.
- One in four Americans will face some kind of mental illness in their lifetime. Most will recover fully.Treatment works!
All NAMI San Fernando Valley programs are free, and our robust schedule of educational programs and resources will continue to grow in 2016, and include:
All NAMI SFV programs and services are free and made possible by membership fees, special event fundraisers and funds raised at our annual NAMI WALKS Los Angeles County where all Los Angeles County NAMI Affiliates gather to walk together to raise awareness and funds. Join us for this important and inspiring day!