I have been diagnosed with a mental disorder, or am having symptoms of one, what do I do? Where should I go?
If you need someone to talk to anonymously about your mental well being you can call:
Mental Health Crisis Hotline – 800-854-7771
Its ALWAYS OPEN, and can give you guidance with most concerns about your mental health.
SUICIDE HOTLINE: 877-727-4747
The hotline is open 24 hours a day, and a counselor can try to help if you are having thoughts of suicide.
Teens-Teen Line: 310-855-HOPE or TLC-TEEN.
Teens can call the teen line from 6p.m. to 10p.m to discuss their concerns with a counselor.
If you would like to see a doctor you can go to a mental health urgent care:
Olive View Community Mental Health Urgent Care Center
14659 Olive View Dr Sylmar, CA 818-485-0888
Walk-in voluntary care for those in mental health crisis.
8am – 7pm Monday to Friday.
Saturdays 9 am to 5:30 pm
Where to go if the patient / your loved one needs psychiatric hospitalization
If you feel like you need hospitalization, you can visit one of these hospitals with psychiatric units:
- Hollywood Community of Van Nuys -818-787-1511
- Mission Community Hospital -San Fernando 818-787-2222
- Northridge Hospital -Van Nuys 818-885-8500
- Olive View Medical Center -Sylmar 818-364-3205
- Los Angeles County Health Services
- Henry Mayo -Valencia 888-383-0558
- Pacifica Hospital of the Valley -Sun Valley 818-767-3310
- Tarzana Treatment Center: Drug/Alcohol -818-996-7019